- I want to rent an apartment. What do I need?
- What information is considered during the approval process?
- Will I need a guarantor?
- Can I hold an apartment with less than the full unit reservation fee?
- How much is the unit reservation fee?
- My roommate isn’t here to fill out an application. Can I still apply for an apartment?
- Does Helix require a last month’s rent?
- Will the deposit and last month’s rent be refunded?
- Can I sign a shorter lease?
- Are utilities included in rent?
- My question isn’t on this list!
- When is rent due?
- When is rent late?
- How much are my late fees?
- I don’t know my balance but I need to pay my rent; what should I do?
- How do I request maintenance for my apartment?
- What if I have an emergency and the office is closed?
- What qualifies as emergency maintenance?
- How can I break my lease?
- Can I get out of my lease without subleasing?
- My question isn’t on this list!
1. I want to rent an apartment. What do I need?
– Completed rental application for each person living in the apartment
(over age 18).
– Check for $40 application fee, per applicant.
– Check for the unit reservation fee. (Equal to one months rent)
– Please refer to the first page of our Rental Application for
2. What information is considered during the approval
– Credit history
– Criminal record
– Landlord references
– Job status
– Bank account status
– Please talk to your Leasing Agent regarding our application process. We will try to work with any specific problems you may have.
Helix Property Management, LLC does not discriminate due to race, color, sex, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, familial status, sexual orientation, gender variance, genetic characteristics, age, source of income, immigration status, handicap or disability.
4. Can I hold an apartment with less than the full deposit?
– No, you must have the full unit reservation fee to apply for an apartment. Once you sign a lease the unit reservation fee will be applied to your security deposit fee.
6. My roommate isn’t here to fill out an application.
Can I still apply for an apartment?
– Yes, if you have the full amount of the unit reservation fee.
– Your roommate will still have to fill out an application and go through the approval process, but can do so at a later date.
– You will be solely responsible until the roommate applies.
8. Will the deposit and last month’s rent be refunded?
– Your last month’s rent will pay for your rent during the last month of your tenancy.
– Your security deposit will be refunded plus interest and minus the carpet cleaning, any unpaid utilities, cleaning, and damage charges within 60 days of the end of your lease.
10. Are utilities included in rent?
– In most cases gas, electric, water, and trash are not included.
– Snow shoveling and lawn mowing are the responsibility of tenants in single-family houses or buildings with five or less units.
– Some of our units do include some utilities; please ask your leasing agent.
11. My question isn’t on this list!
We are happy to answer any questions you may have!
Please call our office at (303) 381-2508 or email us your question.
2. When is rent late?
– Rent is late after 5pm on the 1st of the month. If the 1st of the month falls on a weekend or a holiday, then rent must be paid on the working day beforehand. Otherwise, it’s not received until after the first and is considered late.
4. I don’t know my balance but I need to pay my rent; what should
– Please call our office during normal business hours (303-381-2508) and we can give you your balance over the phone. If no one is available, you can pay just your base amount for rent, but you are still responsible for paying the balance due for utilities as soon as possible. Please do not pay an estimated amount.
5. How do I request maintenance for my apartment?
– Please call our office at 303- 381-2508 and tell the receptionist that you wish to place a maintenance request. They will direct you to the proper party. Or you can email us at email@example.com
6. What if I have an emergency and the office is closed?
– You can call our regular number and follow the instructions to leave an emergency maintenance message.
Note: There is a $50 fee for activating the emergency system for a non-emergency situation.
8. How can I break my lease?
– We do allow subleasing for a one-time fee of 30% of one month’s rent, which will be taken out of your deposit
– Once you find a replacement tenant, we would sign a new lease with them for the term of the lease and remove you from the lease.
10. My question isn’t on ths list!
– We are happy to answer any questions you may have!
– Please call our office at (303)381-2508 or email us your question.